When I heard of "21 Guns" I started to love it. The whole time I was running away. I felt that I could not fight all of Chauvelin's men. So instead of fighting them, I thought of just tricking them. When I tricked them, I was able to be safe with my little Marguerite. The best groups of lyrics that I loved was, "Does the pain weigh out the pride? And you look for a place to hide? Did someone break your heart inside? Your in ruins." Those lyrics really stood out to me because that was what it felt like when no one knew who I was. But the song is about love and being at peace when you're in a war, and the love part of the song is what makes me think more about how Marguerite and I had a very bad relationship before she knew I was the Scarlet Pimpernel. But all of that changed, and she and I have a very deep relationship now that we both love each other very intimately.
The other part of the song is being at peace at war. I think the key element when you're at war with someone that you despise and you have differences with is to trick them, instead of well... geting rid of them. You don't have to take your anger out by killing that person that you despise, and in the song it says, "When it's not worth dying for?" that part really does take my breath away that this song fits me perfectly. Sometimes I don't know what to do, like how to get around it. But when I listen to "21 Guns," I am able to get my mind caught up and have a plan to be free. When I let go and let my mind flow, I have a better chance to get away. "21 Guns" has a lot of questions in it, and every time I listen to it I have different answers; that's why I love this song.
Do you know what's worth fighting for?
When it's not worth dying for?
Does it take your breath away
And you feel like suffocating?
Does the pain rule out the pride?
And you look for a place to hide?
Does someone break your heart inside?
Your in ruins.
One, 21 guns,
Lay down your arms,
Give up the fight.
One, 21 guns
Throw up your arms into the sky,
You and I.
Did you try to live on your own,
When you burned down your heart and home?
Did you stand too close to the fire?
Like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone?
When it's time to live and let die,
And you can't get another try?
Something inside your heart has died,
You're in ruins.
One, 21 guns,
Lay down your arms,
Give up the fight.
One, 21 guns,
Throw up your arms into the sky
You and I.
Oh yes I have herd of 21 guns. It is a good song. Battle Field song is now stuck in my head. Back to 21 Guns. If I could rate it from a 1-10 it would be 1000000000.99999.
ReplyDeleteThe person that wants TO RIP OFF YOUR HEAD,
Chauvelin
I have to say I have to agree with you. It's meaningful, but to me it's meaningful in a different way. It's telling me to push myself so hard that I WILL be able to catch you and put an end to your "conquest"....
ReplyDeleteSigned Very Sincerely,
Chauvelin